Call: 0114 2792872

Crater Law Solicitors Ltd
Courtwood House
Silver Street Head
S1 2DD

T: 0114 2792872
F: 0114 2792601

Contact us


Short-term study visa

This is the visa you will need if you are coming to the UK for:

* 6 months, for any short course (including English language courses), or short period of research if you are 16 or over

* 11 months, if you are 16 or over and taking an English language course

Tier 4 (General) student visa

This is the visa you will need if:

* you are 16 or over and

* have an unconditional offer of a place on a course with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor, and

* can speak, read, write and understand English, and

* have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course

or you are a postgraduate doctor or dentist who is

* sponsored to do a recognised foundation programme, and

* have a degree in medicine or dentistry from a registered Tier 4 sponsor, and

* spent your final year and at least 1 other year of studies leading to that degree in the UK

You will need to enter your CAS number (confirmation of acceptance for studies number) on your visa application. Your CAS number is a reference number given to you by your education provider once they have offered you a place on a course.

You can only get a CAS in certain situations if you are applying from within the UK, for example, if you need an extension to resit an examination or to complete a doctorate.